This unit undertakes all technical matters relating to petroleum activities, such as, for example:
- Study and evaluation of applications from the technical and engineering point of view.
- Study of plans for development and production as well as plans for the development and operation of facilities submitted by right holders.
- Follow-up and control of petroleum operations. Follow-up on technical and engineering matters related to reservoir management with a view to improving production, recovery and the field’s life time.
- Evaluation and follow-up on requests and inquiries from operators or rights-holders regarding technical and engineering matters. Follow up international development on successful experiences in new technologies and operational studies on the introduction of technology used in the petroleum activities and monitor the extent to which the operators of those techniques.
- Follow-up on compliance with exploration and production contracts from the technical point of view.
- Follow- up on international developments and successful experiences in modern technology and the preparation of studies on introducing acknowledged technology in petroleum activities as well as monitoring the extent to which operators employ these techniques.
- The design, implementation and development of a digital database for the storage, extraction and interpretation of data and related interpretations regarding development and production to fill the internal needs of the PA and at the same time enable it to receive and store data from operators and right -holders as well as facilitate data exchange among entities legally authorized to receive them. The task must be implemented so as to facilitate the integration of the databases among the units of the PA.
- Propose measures for the modernization and development of work in the unit.
© 2018. Lebanese Petroleum Administration. All Rights Reserved.